Sunday, August 11, 2013
kashmiri khatte baugan
Baby eggplants 6-7
tamarind 10-12 seeds
chili powder 1 tsp
turneric powder 1/4 tsp
ginger powder 1 tsp
fennel powder 1 tsp
hing a pinch
cumin seed 1/2 tsp
salt to taste
Slit twice eggplants not cutting heads. Make a flower shape.
Soak tamarind in one cup warm water and then after half an hour separate pulp from seeds . Discard seeds and Keep in bowl
Deep fry eggplants in oil n put in tamarind pulp bowl. Keep aside.
Take 2 tbsp. of oil in a pan.
Add chili powder and heeng to oil and sauté at low flame. Sprinkle water and let color of red chilli come out. Add laung and turmuric powder n salt
Add little water and let it boil.
Add shonth, Saunf powder and tamarind pulp along with eggplants
Add ½ cup of water.
Let the whole mixture boil.
Keep sauce as per your choice.
Serve with rice.
Sunday, August 4, 2013
Kashmiri Pandit cuisine
Eggplant in tomato sauce
1/2 kg Eggplants
1 cup tomato puree
1 table spoon Kashmiri mirch (red chilly powder).
1 table spoon zeera (cumin)
Salt to taste.
1 tsp ginger powder
1 tsp garam masala
Cut them into lenghtwise pieces .
Heat oil in a frying pan and deep fry the pieces of eggplants in batches and take them out of the pan in a separate bowl.
After frying the eggplant drain out the excess oil from the pan and put it on low flame.
Put zeera in oil and add red chilli powder and few drops water n stir it continoulsy to avoid the burning of mirch powder.
Now add tomato puree and salt in it and fry till the puree is simmered. Add ginger pwdr.
Add fried eggplants in puree along with 1 cup of water evenly and cook for 10 mins. Add garam masala n simmer for 2 mins more. Serve with rice.
Dhuni Walle Rajma..
1 cup Jammu Rajma
2 medium Onions (chopped)
6 small Tomatoes (chopped)
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
4 Cloves of Garlic (Lehsan) (minced)
2 tbsp. of Fresh Ginger Root (Adark) (minced)
6 Coriander Leaves (Hara Dhaniya) (minced)
5 Whole Cloves (Laung)
10 Black pepperCorns (Saabut Kaali Mirch)
1 (1-inch) piece of Cinnamon Stick (Dal Cheeni)
1 Bay Leaf (Tezz Patta)
1 tsp. of Red Chili Powder
3 tbsp. of refined Oil
Salt to taste
How To Cook RAJMA :
1. Soak Jammu Rajma overnite. Pressure cook them next day in cooker with 3 cups water and alongwith cloves, whole black peppercorns, cinnamon, cardamom, and bay leaf, salt and turmeric powder.
Mash one third Rajma with Ladle in Cooker and let it cool.
2. On stove over medium-low flame put kadai , add oil and add slice onions. Sauté until the onions are soft and almost translucent. Mix in the tomatoes and sauté well. For great taste, sauté until almost dry.
3. Raise the stovetop’s temperature to a medium heat. Add garlic and ginger and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Mix in the chili powder, red kidney beans with water in which it is boiled.
4. Simmer at very low heat till Rajma extracts all its flavours in sauce and the gravy reached consistency of a creamy curry.
5. Never add additional water . If you want thin gravy then boil Rajma in Cooker with more water.
For DHUNI :-
In a small Katori add burned Charcoal piece. Place Katori carefully in centre of kadai. Drop few drops of raw mustard oil over the burning charcoal and immediately cover the kadai.
The burning fumes of charcoal will add nice earthy aroma to the dish. After 5 mins remove katori carefully.
Take care not to throw any charcoal bit in Rajma.
Fasting Day #2 Arbi ke kabab The fasting is feasting actually. You cook those dishes you never do regular Here's arbi ke kabab Ingre...